Adult-Use Conditional Processor License
On February 22, 2022, Governor Kathy Hochul signed into law Senate Bill S8084A which allows cannabinoid hemp processor licensees, who applied for their licenses under the Cannabinoid Hemp Program before January 1, 2022, to apply for a license to process adult-use cannabis products.
What does the adult-use conditional processor license allow?
Adult-use conditional processor licensees will be permitted to process cannabis products containing over 0.3% THC and will be permitted to distribute such cannabis products to licensed adult-use retail dispensaries through June 1, 2023, after which a separate distributor license will be required.
When will the application period open?
The application window for adult-use conditional processor licenses is June 28, 2022 through August 31, 2022.
Applications must be submitted online and applicants must sign into or create a NY.gov account. Click here to find out more about how to apply.
What information does the application require?
Applicants will be required to submit the following, among other required information:
- Primary contact information;
- Primary address and business location;
- Processor business plan overview;
- Valid NYS Cannabinoid Hemp Processor license and documentation;
- Planned source of cannabis;
- Proof of a valid certificate of occupancy or its equivalent;
- Proof of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) audit of the processing facilities
- Ownership and management information for the business entity
- Applicant attestation and agreement to the conditional license's Terms and Conditions
How much is the application and license fee?
Applicants must pay a non-refundable $2,000 license and application fee before the application can be processed.
Payment can be made by check or money order mailed to:
Attn: Licensing Division New York State Office of Cannabis Management
P.O. Box 2071
Albany, NY 12220
How long will it take for the application to be processed?
It can take between 4-8 weeks for the OCM to review the application, after which the application will be presented to the Cannabis Control Board for final approval.
If you or your company meet the conditional licensing qualifications as a licensed, authorized, existing New York Cannabinoid Hemp Processor and are interested in preparing your application, please contact the attorneys at Leaf Legal, P.C. to request a consultation.